We’re improving our existing product, Blissbook, to better serve a larger market of customers in addition to our current customers.
We’re seeking an entrepreneurial Software Product Designer to lead the UI/UX design of this product. You’ll work with our design-driven CEO and CTO to reimagine existing Blissbook functionality and turn existing innovative prototypes and ideas into user-friendly production software.
This is a mid-level+ role. You should have experience designing software product UIs in shipped software.
Who We Are
Our mission is to enable creativity and allow people to express themselves, particularly in situations where it’s difficult to do so. We believe the world would be a better place if people could do the things they have to do in a fun way.
This mission has driven us to create Blissbook, a content management system for top-down communication and policy management. With Blissbook, customers can express themselves, be creative, and/or represent their brand & culture while doing what they need to do to protect their company.
For more, read our about page or Employee Flight Manual. We strive to live our PEACH-E values in all we do: Plucky, Empathetic, Authentic, Curious, Huggable, Exceptional.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an empathetic listener with exceptional information architecture and UI design skills, who understands how software is built, thinks creativity makes the world a better place, and wants to get in on the ground floor of a small, growing startup. You should believe in our mission & market and align with our values. You want to work with other smart people on fun, challenging problems. You’re an action-oriented self-starter who can achieve specific goals with little to no supervision.
- Have a history of designing and shipping elegant, user-friendly software for web/desktop/laptop users
- Can communicate clearly & efficiently.
- Are enthusiastic about working in a very small startup environment.
- Have references who will tell us (A) what a treat it is to work with you and (B) how great your communication and software design skills are.
- Bonus round: Graphic design or illustration; A/B testing; experience designing asset-creation (e.g. documents, graphics, etc.) or productivity software; coding experience.
What You’ll Do
Your day-to-day work will be designing new, innovative software interfaces.
- Define requirements and architect information, screens, and systems with our CEO & CTO.
- Create wireframe, prototype, and production designs.
- Use, adapt, and expand existing branding to fit your designs.
- Support the engineering team to (A) turn designs into real, working software; and/or (B) improve the UX of working software
- QA software before launch to ensure it meets your design expectations.
- Occasional customer support (post launch).
- Using Figma, design all states of a user leaving a comment in a document for another user.
- Storyboard the workflow of a company uploading their csv employee list and wireframe screens that allow them to map employee data to custom fields.
- Design a way for a document editor to upload images and enable their animation as a user scrolls through the document.
- Design a way for a customer to create a quiz, embed it within a document for their employees to complete, and view reports for completed quizzes.
- Review wireframes with engineering over Zoom to ensure your designs are realistic and buildable in a reasonable time period.
- Create user stories with acceptance criteria to communicate designs with the engineering team and ensure new features are built thoroughly and securely.
What You’ll Get
You’ll be one of our earliest full-time employees, working directly with 2 founders who can design and build exceptional software and user experiences at a rapid pace. You’ll get:
- Ownership over the design of an innovative software product poised for growth.
- A results-oriented work environment and the tools you need to work successfully. Remote work is the default.
- A competitive salary plus incentive-based compensation.
- Unlimited future growth opportunities at an early stage, self-funded startup.
- Regular performance reviews to make sure things are working out for everyone.
- The opportunity to work with driven, motivated, fun, PEACH-E people.